CHALO MARA RASODAMA – Virtual cookery demonstration by JSM members
Recipes – Session 3
Mexican Base Pizza – Sylias Mehta
Ingredients: Tortillas or left over chapati.
1 tin tomato basil sauce
1 tin Kidney beans
Mild cheddar cheese, Parmesan or mozzarella cheese (your choice)
Veg used: Aubergine, broccolis, carrots, red bell peppers, green spicy peppers, (grilled on the grill pan)
Peas, corn, spring onions, olives.
Firstly, wash drain and mash the beans put little salt, pepper powder, cumin powder and TB sauce. 2 tbsp. Mix and keep aside.
Secondly on the grill pan roast the above veg as mentioned with little salt and pepper. Cool and keep aside.
Thirdly take 2 tortillas use little oil and brush it and place it on the grill hot pan till it gets slight brown. (thepla).
Next place one piece tortilla on the pizza tray apply beans and sprinkle little cheese on it, then place another tortilla on the top and spread TB sauce sprinkle cheese and spread the grilled vegs and other non vegs and then cheese on top with mixed herb and crushed red chilly.
Place it in the pre heated oven at gas mark 6 (depends on the oven time accordingly). For 10 to 15 mins till cheese is melted and tortilla is baked light brown. It will be done and enjoy it with salad, garlic bread, crisps, guacamole and sour cream as desired.
Chocolate Chips cookies – Vidhi Shah
4 tablespoons butter
1 cup brown granulated sugar ( You can use white granulated sugar if you don’t have it )
3 tablespoons milk room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup plain flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
A pinch of salt
As many chocolate chips or chunks you want
In a mixing bowl, add butter and brown sugar and combine it.
Add milk and vanilla extract and again whisk vigorously to whip it up. This will fluff the mixture.
In the fluff mixture sift all the plain flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Using rubber spatula, stir the dry mixture into fluff mixture until just combined.(Feel free to add more plain flour to this if the mixture is sloppy)
Note – Do not over mix it.
Then fold in chocolate chips.
Cover bowl with cling film and let rest in the fridge for at least 45 minutes to 1 hour.(you can skip this step if you want)
Put baking paper on an oven tray. Take a small dollop of cookie batter and shape them. Make sure not to put them to close neither they will merge.
Bake them for about 10 – 11 minutes or until golden brown.
Let cookies cool completely on sheet.
Cookies Desert Recipe
1 Tsp milk
Some chocolate chips
Any toppings of your choice e.g. Ice-cream , Whipped Cream, Sprinkles etc
1.Get 2 cookies and put them in a microwavable dish
2. Use 1/2 tablespoon of milk and pour it on top of 1 cookie
Note: Don’t put anymore neither the cookie will go soggy
3. Repeat this with the other cookie
4.Put chocolate chips(optional) onto of both cookies
5.Put them in to microwave for 30 seconds
6.The chips should be melted and the cookies should be soft
7.Add your toppings and enjoy
Note: Eat while warm
Loaded Nacho Fries – Falguni Sheth
o Sweet Potato – 3 medium
o Potato – 2 medium
o Butternut squash – ¼
o Raw Banana/Matoki – 2 Pcs
o Salt, Black pepper, Herbs (Parsley Basil, Mint), Olive Oil
o Beans (Red Kidney Beans/ Black Beans/ Mixed Beans/ Rose Coco Beans) – 1 cup soaked overnight and boiled. If using tinned beans – 2 tins
o Ghee, Asafoetida, salt to taste, turmeric, red chilli powder, coriander powder, taco seasoning, 1 spoon sugar
o Ripened Avacado – 1 big or 2 medium
o 1 or 2 cloves of garlic
o ½ lemon
o Salt, red chilli flakes and herbs (Parsley, Mint, Basil)
o Mixed leaves, lettuce, mixed peppers (all finely chopped)
o Sweet corn
Grated cheese & sour cream (1 full) pot
o Peel and cut butternut squash, sweet potatoes and raw banana in chip shape. Cut the potatoes with skin in chip shape
o Mix all the chips, add olive oil, salt, black pepper and herbs and mix well in the oven tray
o Keep all the chips as thin as possible for quick baking
o Place the chips in oven for 20-25 mins
o Check when you take them out to see if they are cooked properly. If needed allow more time for baking.
o Add ghee in a hot pan and then asafoetida.
o Add chopped onions and slight salt and cook them till golden brown
o Add tomatoes and let it cook with some water
o Add boiled beans , and all the spices and allow 5 mins of cooking until everything has mixed well
o Peel the skin and stone out the avocado in a bowl
o Add garlic, herbs, salt and squeeze lemon
o Blend all ingredients and mix well
o Finely chop salad and pepper and mix with sweet corn and add some seasoning
o Sprinkle finely chopped spring onion
Steps for completion:
1. When the vegetables are baked, take them out of the oven when hot. You will have a thick layer of baked veggies
2. Layer with vegetables in oven tray with beans
3. Sprinkle some cheese
4. Spread out guacamole on top
5. Thick layer of salad on top and sprinkle spring onions
6. Final layer – spread full pot of sour cream
7. Relish by scooping out all layers together
Mango Cream – Yashvi Mehta
- Whipped cream
For Whipped Cream – 1 cup Whipping cream, 2 tbsp. powdered sugar & Vanilla essence
- Mango puree
For Mango puree – 2 Mangoes chopped, 2/3 tbsp.water & 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 /3 chopped Mangoes
- Vanilla Ice Cream
1. Take whipping cream in a dip bowl & whip it until it thickens. Then add powdered sugar & Vanilla essence & mix well.
2. Mix all the ingredients for Mango puree & blend it in to a smooth puree.
3. Cut 2 / 3 Mangoes in small dices.
4. Keep all the ingredients in the fridge & chill them.
5. Now to assemble it in layers, take a serving cup & layer it first with some Mango puree then top it with some whipped cream. Now add some diced Mangoes then couple of scoops of Vanilla ice cream. Repeat the layers of Mango puree & whipped cream then top it with lots of diced Mangoes.
Strawberry Cheesecake – Jyotsna Patel
400g digestive biscuits (1 pack)
2 packs Philadelphia cream cheese (180g each)
1 pack strawberries (approx 10-12) plus extra for decoration
4 tbsp melted butter
7 tbsp white/icing sugar
1. Crush all the digestive biscuits into small crumbs.
2. Add the melted butter evenly.
3. Pat down into cake tin to make the base. Make sure it is flat and even. Leave to set in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
4. Blend the cream cheese with 4tbsp sugar to a thick consistency. Spread this over the base. Leave to set for 1 hour.
5. Blend the strawberries with 3 tbsp sugar to a purée. Pour on top and ensure it covers all of the cream cheese. Leave to set for 1-2 hours and place extra sliced strawberries at time of serving for decoration.