Healthy Vegetarian Pancakes – Heeya Shah in supervision of Ami Shah
Make this great base for Veg pancakes: use your favourite top based milk, and add nutella and any fruits, or anything else you fancy
2 Table spoons wheat flour
½ tsp baking soda(optional)
1 tsp sugar (any kind)
1 tsp vanilla extract(optional)
1 cup cold milk
1 tsp melted butter
To serve (optional)
Nutella and Strawberries or any fruit of your choice.
Mix the flour by adding baking soda, sugar and vanilla extract.
Slowly pour in the milk until you get a smooth, thick batter. Add little water if needed.
Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium-low heat, and add 1 tbsp batter into the pan at a time to make small, round pancakes.
You will need to do this in batches of two-three at a time.
Cook for 3-4 mins until the edges are set, and bubbles are appearing on the surface.
Flip the pancakes over and cook for another 2-3 mins until golden on both sides and cooked through.
Serve stacked with lots of toppings of your choice, or serve with bowls of toppings for everyone to help themselves.
We have used Nutella and Strawberries.
Khajoor Rolls – Haniesha in supervision of Seema Mehta
450 gm black dates
50 gm cashews
50 gm almonds
50 gm pistachios
50 gm walnut
2 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp ghee
Dry roast all the nuts individually – cashews, pistachios, walnuts and almond and then cut them in smaller pieces
Wash dates under running water. Remove the seeds from dates or you can use seedless dates. Then, take out a chopping board and chop them in small pieces.
Next, place a pan on medium low flame and pour ghee. Once heated, put the chopped dates and saute for about 5 minutes.
Put all the nuts and chia seeds in the pan with dates. Stir in the mixture in the pan and mix well. Once done, take out and let it cool for a while.
Split the mixture in 2 different parts. Next, make rolls from the mixture. Cover the roll with the foil over the roll and let it fridge for 2 hours. Cut the rolls into small pieces whilst in the foil. Remove the foils. Your Khajoor Rolls are ready to be served.
Chilli Masala Mogo – Tarlikaa Mehta
-750g Mogo (Cassava)
– 2 tbs tomato ketchup
– 1 cup Thai chilli sauce (Chilli sauce is ok)
– Salt (for the taste)
– 2 tsp chilli paste
-2 tsp ginger paste
– 2 capsicums, 1 Jalapeno
– 2 tsp cumin
– 3 tbs dark soya sauce
– 1 tbs chilli flakes
– oil to fry
– 2 tomatoes
– onion and garlic
Step 1: First, boil the Mogo.
Step 2: After that, cool it down.
Step 3: Cut the Mogo into small pieces
Step 4: Then, you must fry the small pieces using the oil.
Step 5: Next, in a pan, put one tbs oil.
Step 6: After, put in the Cumin, then the chilli flakes, capsicum, tomatoes and Jalapeno.
Step 7: Now, put in the chilli and the ginger paste.
Step 8: Put the tomato ketchup, chilli sauce, and dark soya sauce.
Step 9: Put in the salt.
Step 10: Mix well for at least 5 minutes low flame.
Step 11: Finish off by putting in the Mogo.
Step 12: Serve in the bowl.
Step 13: Decorate with coriander.
Pizza Zucchini Boat – Smrutee and Sumeet Kandale
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
4 – large zucchini, halved lengthwise
Chopped fresh basil, chilli flakes for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius. Score zucchini and scoop out insides into a large bowl.
2. In a pan over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add zucchini, pepper, sweetcorn and sauté until tender, 6 to 8 minutes, and then pour in tomato puree.
3. Add salt, oregano and sugar as per your taste. Then let it cook till thick sauce.
4. Place hollowed zucchini on a large baking sheet. Spoon on sauce, then top with mozzarella. Bake until zucchini is tender and cheese is golden, about 15 minutes.
5. Garnish with basil and chilli flakes.
Nutella Stuffed French Biscuits – Pooja Mehta
-150g unsalted butter
-100g powdered sugar
-1tbsp vanilla extract
-orange/lemon zest (optional)
-150g cream chesse
-1tsp baking powder
-300g all purpose flour
-nutella for filling
1) Mix the unsalted butter, vanilla, powdered sugar and zest of choice together in a larger bowl, with the aid of a whisk, until they are well combined.
2) Add cream cheese to the mixture and whisk to reach a light, airy consistency.
3) Then add the flour and baking powder and mix with a large spatula, using the cut and fold method.
4) Once all the ingredients in the bowl and well combined, knead the mixture into a dough.
5) Divide the dough into three parts and separately roll out each to two mm thick.
6) Now divide the flattened dough ball into equal parts, sixteen is recommended.
7) Place a small amount of nutella spread onto the outer edge of the dough segments, near to the circumference then picking up the thickest and rear-most part of the segment, roll the dough forwards with your fingers to the tip of the segment.
8) This should result in a ‘croissant’ structure for the cookie and is now to be placed in a baking tray lined with baking paper.
9) Repeat this process with all balls and segments of dough, adding nutella in each time.
10) Bake in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes until golden brown.
11) If desired, lightly dust the cookies with powdered sugar, cinnamon powder or cocoa powder, for more flavour with the aid of a sieve.
12) Serve when cool and enjoy your delicate dessert snack! ?
Mug Brownie – Moxit Shah with Parshva Shah
* 2tbs sugar
* 3tbs flour
* 2tbs coco powder
* Pinch of vanilla powder (optional)
* Pinch of salt
* Pinch of baking powder
* 3tbs milk
* 2tbs melted ghee or melted butter or oil
* Chocolate chips (optional)
* Any type of ice-cream or whip cream
1. Put in the sugar, the flour and the cocoa powder into a mug
2. You may want to add a pinch of vanilla powder however it is not necessary
3. Add a pinch of salt and a pinch of baking powder then mix the ingredients
4. Pour the milk, creating a smooth texture
5. Add either Melted Ghee, melted Butter or oil. If you add Ghee at the end then it will create a lump free batter. Then mix well
6. Once it is thoroughly mixed you may want to add chocolate chips on top however it is also not necessary
7. Next, microwave the mug for 1 minute.
8. Finally, add a scoop of ice-cream or whip cream on top. This is not necessary however it will add flavour.