CHALO MARA RASODAMA – 8
- Oat Chocolate Chip Cookies – Bhaktee Kandale
PREP TIME:10 MINUTES COOK TIME:20 MINUTES SERVINGS: 16 COOKIES
• ½ cup (110 gm) butter, softened
• ½ cup (60 gm) brown sugar
• 1 (100 gm) banana, sliced
• 1.5 cup (170 gm) rolled oats
• ¾ cup (110 gm) Maida / plain flour
• ¼ tsp baking soda
• ¼ tsp cinnamon powder
• ¼ tsp salt
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• ½ cup (80 gm) raisins / nuts (optional)
• ¼ cup (50gm) choc chips
1. First in a large mixing bowl take ½ cup butter.
2. Add ½ cup brown sugar and beat well. You can alternatively use white sugar in place of brown sugar.
3. Then add 1 banana and beat again.
4. Now add 1.5 cup rolled oats and ¾ cup Maida.
5. Add ¼ tsp baking soda, ¼ tsp cinnamon powder, ¼ tsp salt and 1 tsp vanilla extract.
6. Mix well making sure the ingredients are combined well.
7. Now add ½ cup raisins (optional) and ¼ cup choc chips.
8. Mix well take a ball sized dough and roll evenly.
9. Place the cookie ball in a baking tray lined with baking paper and flatten slightly.
10. Preheat and bake at 180 degree Celsius for 10-15 minutes
11. The cookie will be soft initially, cool completely and the oatmeal cookie turns crisp and crunchy. Store the oat cookies in an airtight container and enjoy for a week.
- Rice Pops – Dipti Mehta
- Boiled Rice- 200 grams
- Roasted peanuts- 50grams
- Green Chillies- 2-3
- Ginger- ½ inch grated (optional)
- Salt- to taste
- Rice flour- 150 grams
- Baking powder- ¼ tsp
- Lemon juice- 3 tbsp
For the prepatration:
- Little oil to coat hands
- Water to boil- 1/ 2 litre
- Oil- 2tbsp
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Curry leaves- 4 to 6 leaves
- Mint leaves- ½ bunch
- Mixed herbs- 2 tsp
- Chaat masala- 2 tsp
- Red chilli flakes- 2tsp
- Plain peanuts- 50 grams
- Mint leaves- 1 bunch
- Green chillies- 3-4
- Cucumber- 1/2
- Green pepper- 1
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice- 1 full
- Blend all the ingredients to make the green chutney
- Maggi Masala Chilli Sauce- 4 tbsp
- Chilli flakes- 3 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Sugar to taste
- Fresh Tomatoes- 3 pureed
- Red pepper- 1
- Blend all ingredients to make the red sauce
- Add boiled rice, roasted peanuts, green chillies, ginger, salt and lemon juice into a blender with a little water and blend until a smooth paste has formed.
- To the blended paste add rice flour and baking powder to make a dough
- Coat your hands with a little oil and form smooth balls, then add it to ½ litre of boiling water. Let the balls boil for 10 mins in the water.
- Once the balls have floated to the top of the water, remove and let it cool on a plate for 30 mins
- Once the balls have cooled. Heat 2tbsp of oil in a pan, once hot add mustard seeds. As the mustard seeds start popping add the curry leaves and mint leaves. After about 2 mins add the rice balls and coat with tempering.
- To garnish add the mixed herbs, chaat masala and chilli flakes to the pops. Add the mint leaves to each pop with a toothpick.
- Serve with Green Chutney and Red Sauce
- Oreo Cheesecake – Disha Mehta
1 Packet: Crushed Oreos
1 cup: Melted Butter
½ cup: Cream Cheese
1 tsp: Lemon Juice
1 tsp: Vanilla Essence
1 cup: Granulated Sugar
As much as you want: Whipped Cream
Crush the oreo and pour melted butter, mix well and keep it aside
Put cream cheese, lemon juice, vanilla essence and suger into one bowl, mix well with beater,
Then finally make 3 layers, at the bottom crushed oreos then the cream cheese batter then the final thing is to add whipped cream! Garnish with topped orio cookie And then ENJOY!!!
- Makai Na Vada – Taru Shah
2 cup corn meal/makai no lot
1/2 cup whole wheat flour/Chapati atta
2 tablespoons minced ginger, green chilli, garlic (optional) mix
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1/4 teaspoon asafoetida – Hing
2 teaspoons sesame seeds
1/4 teaspoon carom seeds
1/ cup grated jaggery
1 teaspoon garam masala / little red chilli powder (both are optional)
3- 4 tablespoons oil
1/2 cup yogurt
oil for deep frying
Mix yogurt and jaggery and allow to rest for 20 to 30 minutes
Take a large mixing bowl bring together wheat flour and 2-3 tablespoons of oil. Rub the oil well into the flour.
Add corn flour, the minced ginger, (green chillies and garlic mix), sesame seeds, carom seeds, turmeric, and asafoetida (garam masala) Mix well.
Bind the mix into a stiff dough using yogurt/ jaggery mix. Knead dough well.
Cover and allow the dough to rest for 30 minutes.
Heat the oil in a wok/kadai to deep fry the vada.
Divide the dough into lime sized or smaller dough balls. Roll and press each dough ball between layer of damp cloth or plastic on a chopping board – press with roti pressure.
Deep fry the vada on a medium heat. Do not crowd the oil. Add few vada at a time and fry them from pale to deep brown.
Drain on a paper towel. You can store them in airtight container.
Makai vada can be enjoyed hot or cold with a cup of tea.
One can add Methi and coriander if they wish to.
- Passion Fruit Ice-Cream – Chandri Mehta
20-25 medium sized passion fruit
300ml double cream
1 tin (397g) condensed milk
Before starting, put the double cream in the freezer for 10-15minutes.
While the double cream is cooling, halve the passion fruit and pass through a sieve to get only the juice. This should give around 300-400ml of juice.
Grind 4-5 tablespoons of the remaining seeds and save for later.
In a bowl, whisk together the passion fruit juice and condensed milk. Whisk for 5-7 minutes until fully combined.
In another bowl, whisk the cold double cream until it has thickened and soft peaks form.
Add the passion fruit juice and condensed milk mix to the whipped double cream and mix until just combined (no more than 1 minute). Be careful not to over whisk!
Grind 4/5 tablespoons of the passion fruit seeds and stir into the mix with a spoon.
Spoon the mix into container(s) and place in the freezer, with the lids off for 1 hour. After 1 hour, put the lids on and leave to freeze overnight.
- Mexican Dip – Panna Virani
1) tubs any soft cheese or cream cheese
2) 1 small soured cream tub
3) 1 clove garlic
4) Tabasco – few drops
5) finely chopped lettuce
6) chopped tomatoes- in small cubes
7) thinly chopped cucumber
8) salsa ( about 1 1/2 bottle, if using shop bought)
9) grated cheddar cheese
9) salt to taste
10) jalapenos (optional)
Nacho chips as accompaniment
1. Mix the cream cheese, garlic, soured cream, tabasco and salt in liquidiser.
2. Spread it evenly in a see-through glass
3. Put it in the fridge for about an hour to chill
4. Spread even layer of lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, salsa in that order so that it goes green, red, green, red.
5. Top it with cheddar cheese
6. You can put jalapenos on top (optional)
7. Chill and serve with Nacho chips.